Does your child have a speech or language difficulty?
Does he/she have any of the following problems:
- Late to learn his first words, and/or finds it hard to
tell you what he wants
- Other people don’t understand her - "what did
- Struggles to do simple things you ask him to do - when
he is listening
- Slow development of learning and/or physical skills
If you said YES to any of the above your child could have
a speech or language difficulty. Left untreated, this may
lead to slower development in certain areas, such as:
- Joining in and achieving in playgroup, nursery or school
- Reading and writing
- Making friends
- Poor behaviour, with continuing tantrums - because he/she
- Playing with other children
Speech and language therapy from Speech Symbol and Sign
can prevent the difficulties he or she has now from causing
more lasting problems at school or at home.
If this sounds like your child, browse the site on for further
information, or go straight to the contact area for free advice,
or to arrange an appointment. You will find tips for encouraging
speech and language development throughout the site.