Does your child have a speech or language difficulty?
Does he/she have any of the following problems:
- Late to learn his first words, and/or finds it hard to tell you what he wants
- Other people don’t understand her – “what did she say?”
- Struggles to do simple things you ask him to do – when he is listening
- Slow development of learning and/or physical skills
If you said YES to any of the above your child could have a speech or language difficulty. Left untreated, this may lead to slower development in certain areas, such as:
- Joining in and achieving in playgroup, nursery or school
- Reading and writing
- Making friends
- Poor behaviour, with continuing tantrums – because he/she is frustrated
- Playing with other children
Speech and language therapy from Speech Symbol and Sign can prevent the difficulties he or she has now from causing more lasting problems at school or at home.
If this sounds like your child, browse the site on for further information, or go straight to the contact area for free advice, or to arrange an appointment. You will find tips for encouraging speech and language development throughout the site.